SURPRISED THE FACTS ABOUT INNER BRACES THAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
What are internal braces? Differences between lingual braces and conventional braces, note when to use, how to care for them, …. Follow the article below to find the answer.
The state of protruding, underbite, and messy teeth not only affects the aesthetics of the face, but also causes misalignment of the bite, making it difficult to chew. Then braces are the appropriate indication. However, the prominent braces on the jaw arch, more or less, make customers feel afraid during the orthodontic process. Therefore, lingual braces were born as a reasonable choice for customers.
About lingual braces
A lingual brace is a fixed appliance that is attached to the inside of the tooth so that the patient cannot see it. Braces include 2 main components:
- Braces: this is a small piece of metal that is attached directly to the teeth
- Bow wire: A metal wire used to connect brackets together
In contrast to conventional braces, when brackets are attached to the front of the teeth, with braces on the inside, the brackets are attached to the inside of the teeth. As a result, internal braces are more aesthetically pleasing and are considered a great choice for those who want to improve their smile but don’t want a “metallic” look.
What is the difference between conventional braces and internal braces?
|CRITERIA||INSIDE POSSIBLE||NORMAL BRACKET|
|Location of brackets||Tongue braces are attached to the inside of the teeth||Traditional braces are attached to the front of the teeth|
|BEAUTY||With lingual braces, it is difficult for others to see, so this is a much more aesthetic solution than conventional braces.||Conventional brackets can be seen by everyone, so the aesthetics will be reduced|
|CUSTOMERS||Suitable for adults – customers who have frequent contact with other people. In addition, lingual braces are not suitable for customers with too small teeth.||Suitable for all customers|
|BLOCKING ADJUSTMENT TIME||there is a longer adjustment time and the adjustment is also more difficult||Has a shorter bracket adjustment time|
|PRICE||Has a higher cost than conventional braces||The price is cheaper, except for the use of precious materials such as silver, gold, porcelain, and crystal, the price will change.|
Function of lingual braces
Like conventional braces, lingual braces are used to help correct:
- Bad bites, which are the result of unevenly arranged teeth
- Gaps, teeth are too thick, teeth are crooked, thus, improve the aesthetics of teeth
- Braces apply gentle and continuous force on the teeth, causing the teeth to move slowly to the correct position
Note when braces are braces on the inside
- Inner braces are not suitable for patients with small teeth or with some inappropriate bite.
- Children who have not yet replaced all their baby teeth.
Patients can wear braces with braces on both the upper and lower jaws. However, because the lower jaw is not as obvious as the upper jaw, patients can also wear braces with inner braces for the upper jaw and conventional braces for the lower jaw.
After the lingual braces have been placed, how will you feel?
- The client may experience a slight sting in the tongue and impaired speech such as lisp. However, these are all temporary in the short term. The brackets have been designed so that the patient’s tongue can adapt easily.
- You may feel discomfort such as mild pain, mild pain in the teeth
- Initially, you will not be able to push your tongue forward during chewing, so you will need to change the way the food is chewed
- Usually, it will take 1 to 4 weeks for customers to fully adapt to braces.
Take care of your teeth while wearing braces
- Gargle with warm salt water to relieve initial discomfort
- Learn to eat without pushing your tongue forward
- Practice speaking slowly and clearly
- Use soft foods and cut them into small pieces for the first few days
- Take good care of your teeth – brush your teeth after every meal, use an electric toothbrush
- Regular dental check-ups: Visit your dentist regularly to check and monitor your oral health and the status of plaque formation. Strictly follow the instructions given by the dentist
Above is information about braces on the inside, hope this information will be useful to you, especially customers who are learning about the method of braces with braces on the inside.
Có Thể Bạn Quan Tâm